Por José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico
Only by being brainwashed, would anybody believe that an empire would take better care of its colonists, than if the colonists were free to take care of themselves. Please click on the following link to hear Boricuas choose between independence, and being a state of the United States (US): https://youtu.be/i6Rgl9I06CE
How many of them know that:
- the US militarily invaded Puerto Rico 125 years ago to make her a US colony?
- the US has ignored 42 United Nations resolutions asking her to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans?
- even if Boricuas wanted to become a state, the US is presently committing a crime against humanity by refusing to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans? Therefore, should Puerto Ricans were to then want US statehood after our independence, we could petition the US for that.
- 2 thirds of Boricuas today live away from Boriken, and half of the 3 million who do, live in poverty?
- the US says that she supports Taiwan’s inalienable right to self-determination and independence, while, at the same time, has violated, for the past 125 years, Boricuas’ inalienable right to self-determination and independence?
Even if the Boricuas who were interviewed didn’t know all this, most of them said that they prefer independence!
We need 9 million Boricuas engaged in permanent resistance to achieve our independence.