What does a real democracy look like?

By José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico

InfoAlDesnudo

United States (US) citizens get a lot of lip service from our government about that we have the best democracy in the world. The real problem, however, is that the 1% of US citizens who run the government hates the rest of the 99% of us. Therefore, the US is not a democracy.

A US citizen talks about 10 things that he really loves about Sweden. Click on the following link to hear about what a real democracy looks like: https://youtu.be/H4HfdGjFGDI

Most Puerto Ricans believe that Puerto Rico is a democracy, because they have elections every 4 years. That, however, is a camouflage for 123 years of US colonialism.

The US government (USG) militarily invaded Puerto Rico to make her its colony in 1898. The US is committing a crime against humanity, by never having complied with the United Nations’ Charter that prohibits colonialism since 1945. Moreover, the USG has ignored, with impunity, 40 UN resolutions asking it to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otzBslJLbI0

If we want a real democracy in the US, we will have to engage in permanent resistance to make it happen. If not, it will continue to be just an illusion! https://todosunidosdescolonizarpr.blogspot.com/  

US democracy is an illusion!

Jose M Lopez Ismael

Nací en NYC. Me mudé a Puerto Rico en el 1980 donde eventualmente me convertí en independentista al ver que PR no se administra para los boricuas. Me retiré tempranamente de la pedagogía para luchar 24/7 por la descolonización de Puerto Rico a través de marchas pacíficas anuales y empujar a la ONU hacer su trabajo. Necesitaremos un tsunami de gente protestando permanentemente para obligar a USA a cumplir con la ley internacional que prohíbe el coloniaje.

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada.

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. Aprende cómo se procesan los datos de tus comentarios.