By José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico
The United States government likes to impose sanctions on governments that don’t go along with its policies in order to disrupt their ability to function properly. An excellent example has been the illegal blockade on Cuba for the past 60 years!
Isn’t it time for the world to impose sanctions on the USG for:
- Being at war for 90% of its existence
- Having 800 military installations in 80 countries all over the world
- Having violated the United Nations’(UN) Charter that prohibits colonialism for the past 75 years
- Having ignored 38 UN resolutions asking it to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans
- The illegal assassination of Iranian government officials
- Acting as if it is above the law
- Being the biggest threat to world peace, and
- Having the audacity of having the UN in the US?
You are invited to reflect on this, and participate in the protest all over the world to stop the USG from going to yet another war. This is what Major General Smedley Butler had to say about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26O-2SVcrw0&t=26s
The People of the World Say:
No War On Iran!
The Trump administration is dragging the United States into a war with Iran that could engulf the whole region and could quickly turn into a global conflict of unpredictable scope and the gravest consequences.
The people of the world need to rise up and stop it. For all who believe in peace, for all who are opposed to yet another catastrophic war, now is the time to take action. On Saturday, January 25 in cities across the globe, there will be protests against a new war in the Middle East. Please join us.
Initiators for this call include the United National Anti-War Committee, ANSWER, CODEPINK, Popular Resistance, Black Alliance for Peace, National Iranian-American Council (NIAC), Veterans For Peace, US Labor Against the War (USLAW), Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), Pastors for Peace/Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization, International Action Center, United For Peace and Justice, Alliance For Global Justice (AFGJ), December 12th Movement, World Beyond War, Dorothy Day Catholic Worker, Dominican Sisters/ICAN, Nonviolence International, Food Not Bombs and many other anti-war and peace organizations.
Click here for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1030393003985829/
It’s been past!