Este año, seguiremos en la campaña por la transmisión en vivo de vistas del Caso Colonial de Puerto Rico, en Naciones Unidas
Last year, we tried without success to get the Monday, June 22, 2015 hearing broadcast live. We are still committed to this campaign for this year’s hearing. What have we done thus far?
1. We have sent a certified letter to the UN’s Secretary General asking him to broadcast this year’s hearing.
2. We have written to the majority of the ambassadors to the UN to petition the UN to broadcast live these hearings.
3. We have contacted the majority of the legislators of the colonial government of Puerto Rico to broadcast live the hearing on its government run radio and television stations.
4. We have sent 2 letters directly to the president of the Puerto Rico colonial government- run media stations requesting these hearings to be broadcasted live.
5. I have asked in my request this year to address the UN’s Decolonization Committee (C-24) that the C-24 consider the broadcasting live of this hearing via its WEBCAST.
What people do to help?
1. Those with the ability to move people could hold a press conference to insist that the UN and the Puerto Rico colonial government broadcast this year’s hearing.
2. The petitioners to this year’s hearing could also ask in their request letter that the hearing be broadcasted live.
3. You could write letters to the C-24 and the Puerto Rico colonial government indicating that you want to watch this year’s hearing live on television.
4. Join the “To the Town Square with Oscar Our National Hero”. See link below for more information.
5. Find a way to have Oscar López Rivera be able to talk to us on the radio from prison.