Freddie Gray VIDEO: Police Arrest Healthy Black Man, Break His SPINE, Brutally Beat Him to DEAD

Freddie Gray, a 27-year-old black man, has died seven days after he was arrested by police. Gray’s lawyers say his neck was partially severed; he slipped into a coma while in police custody.


update: Six Baltimore officers suspended over police-van death of Freddie Gray. Freddie Gray, Black suspect Dies after Baltimore cops Break his Spine in ‘BRUTAL’ police beating CAUGHT ON CELLPHONE (FULL VIDEO REPORT). Baltimore police beat black man to death. Freddie Gray is dead a week after being injured during arrest (Baltimore Sun) Freddie Gray, a Baltimore man injured during an arrest by Baltimore police last week, died Sunday morning at Shock Trauma, according to family members and a hospital spokesperson..


Gray’s death comes a week after his arrest and just hours after a protest was held at Baltimore police headquarters.

Gray’s stepfather, Richard Shipley, who has acted as a family spokesperson since the incident, confirmed that his stepson passed away Sunday

«He’s gone,» Shipley said. «What else is there to say?»

A Shock Trauma spokeswoman confirmed Gray’s death, but could not provide any further details Sunday morning.

Protests are slated to continue Sunday, one group said.

It’s unclear how Gray, 27, was injured, and police have not released any documents or reports relating to the case.

At a news conference Sunday afternoon, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said they are committed to providing the public with information about the circumstances of Gray’s death.

More protests planned in West Baltimore following death of Freddie GrayWest BaltimoreMore protests planned in West Baltimore following death of Freddie GraySee all relatedí

«I understand the frustration of the community and I take very seriously my obligation of transparency,» Rawlings-Blake said. «However we also have to balance that with our obligation to ensure a proper and thorough investigation is undertaken.

Gray’s family’s lawyer on Sunday said the city is trying to «absolve» itself of any wrongdoing.

«We believe the police are keeping the circumstances of Freddie’s death secret until they develop a version of events that will absolve them of all responsibility,» William «Billy» Murphy Jr. said in a statement. «However, his family and the citizens of Baltimore deserve to know the real truth; and we will not stop until we get justice for Freddie.»

The statement went on to say Gray was healthy at the time of the arrest, which Murphy said occurred «without any evidence he had committed a crime.» Murphy said Gray’s spine was «80 percent severed at his neck» when he was in custody. Murphy said Gray «lapsed into a coma, died, was resuscitated, stayed in a coma and on Monday, underwent extensive surgery at Shock Trauma to save his life.

«He clung to life for seven days» before dying Sunday morning, Murphy said.

Four bicycle officers tried to stop Gray about 9 a.m. on April 12 in the 1600 block of W. North Ave. for an alleged violation that police have not disclosed. He ran, police said, and the officers caught him and restrained him on the ground while awaiting backup.

Freddie Gray Beating: Police Arrest Healthy Black Man, Hours Later He’s In Coma With Severe Injures

Cell Phone Video Captures Police Incident Now Under Investigation. Maryland

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Christie Ileto spoke with witnesses about the incident.

Witnesses describe the arrest as brutal. His family tells WJZ Freddie Gray now has spinal injuries. But police say when they saw the video, there was no use of excessive force.

Witnesses capture the final moments of an arrest that sends a man to Shock Trauma.

“At no time, and I’ve seen the video a number of times, did I see a use of force at that moment,” said Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez, Baltimore City Police Department.

Baltimore police won’t reveal the reason why bike cops stopped the fleeing individual family members have identified as 26-year-old Freddie Gray, but Gray’s stepfather spoke to WJZ by phone, saying he’s barely alive.

“His face is swollen. He just looks really horrible. Like I said, he’s in an induced coma. We’re all praying,” he said.

“I seen police, him handcuffed, him tased while he was handcuffed,” said Gray’s godbrother.

Police say right now there is no evidence Gray was tased. His godbrother just left the ICU and didn’t want his face on camera.

“I seen the police officer bending his leg to the point where it looked like he broke it,” he said.

Police say the video doesn’t show officers using excessive force, but they do suspect the suspect was brought to Maryland Shock Trauma with injuries. So, what happened from the time Gray was arrested to the point when he was brought to the hospital?

“He was completely healthy, fine being carted off aside from his leg,” his godbrother said. “It’s nowhere near how he’s sitting in the ICU right now.”

video footage caught on tape cellphone camera surveillance raw dash cam air live on tv share comment like most popular

CELLPHONE VIDEO: Baltimore Police Fatally Beating of Black Male Suspect Freddie Gray. Freddie Gray dies a week after NECK Broken during arrest. BREAKING UPDATE: Police report says Freddie Gray had knife, arrested ‘without incident’

Related: Freddie Gray VIDEO: Police Arrest Healthy Black Man, Break His SPINE, Brutally Beat Him to DEAD

A man injured after being arrested by the Baltimore police died today, according to the Baltimore Sun.

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. Aprende cómo se procesan los datos de tus comentarios.