H.E. Ambassador Mr. Alexander Trepelkov
Officer-in-Charge of the Division for Sustainable Development Goals
C/O United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
New York, NY 10017
Email: [email protected]
Bonaire- November 10, 2019
Subject: Dr. Glenn Thode former controversial governor of Bonaire deceit the UN Sustainable Development Goals & SIDS representatives at SDG 2030 conference in Bonaire
With this letter we wish to report to your office on above-mentioned occurrence during the conference held in Bonaire November 6,7,8 where Mr. Thode misinformed and misled the audience including your representative, coordinator of SIDS Mrs. Kate Brown on the state of affairs of education and general situation of our island Bonaire.
Mr. Thode as an educational expert as rector of the University of Aruba and former governor of Bonaire misrepresented the peoples of Bonaire deliberately. Mr. Thode was acting as collaborator on behalf of the Dutch government to create a false framework on the education-topic under Dutch rule.
Facts on education that Mr. Thode evaded during his presentation:
- Our local Bonerians children human rights are being grossly violated as they were integrated and embedded in the Dutch constitution under unequal rights,
- Our kids’ human rights of education in their own mother tongue Papiamentu was reversed back to a foreign language, and the Dutch language being the local.
- Our local kids are being tested and evaluated towards secondary education based on their ability, understanding, speaking, writing of the Dutch language, and not on their intellectual intelligence, results in demoting and segregating towards the lower education systems.
- As this system that Mr. Thode was propagating is favoring the European-Dutch-speaking kids resulted into a massive immigration that as of today the Bonerians became a minority on our island. And by 2030 the Boneirans will be less than 1/3 of the population.
- Thode is deliberately deceiving that the good results in the education is because of the ownership of Bonerian teachers. As he failed to say that over 40 local Bonerian Papiamentu speaking teachers were forced to resign or were fired and replaced with non-locals Dutch speaking teachers to suit their Dutch speaking immigrating kids.
Under political pressure, Mr. Thode resigned as governor and left the island of Bonaire as he was considered persona-non-grata, a traitor who gave the Dutch freeway, a legal entrance to annex and occupy and recolonize our island.
Mr. Thode was appointed by the Dutch government as a non-democratic not-elected governor of Bonaire in 2008 with unilateral powers to overrule decisions and laws made by the democratically elected parliament and government of Bonaire. He decided to destroy the referendum-law that was made by our elected parliament in early 2010. The people of Bonaire were denied their fundamental human rights of self-determination to choose freely, yes or no, agree or disagree to the new and current illegal government system imposed on our peoples on October 10 2010 with the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles.
This act of treason of his own Bonerian peoples according to him and former governor Goedgedrag was to protect the interests of the Dutch government and not of the Bonerian peoples. Shortly after this historical betrayal the Dutch government rewarded and appointed Mr. Thode as an expert and spokesperson on Bonaire issues in The Hague and appointed him in commission to evaluate (Spies commission) the imposed illegal state-structure and also in other advisory-positions.
The peoples of Bonaire which are unhappy and after a long struggle forced a referendum in December 2015. The Dutch government send Mr. Thode to Bonaire to campaign publicly for the pro-Dutch-rule yes-vote. The people of Bonaire overwhelmingly rejected the current colonial governance structure that Mr. Thode is championing and advocating for the Dutch with a 66% No-vote.
Mr. Thode that was presented as an educational and law expert at the conference, his expressions and declarations cannot be considered credible, as the facts are contrary to what he voiced and further taking into consideration that Mr. Thode is historically a politically exposed Dutch-collaborator against his own Bonerian people and with this act now made him accomplice to crime against our people and against humanity as declared by the United Nations.
Please note that Mr. Thode and the others accomplices of non-respect and violation of the fundamental human rights of the Boneirans at this forum are following the same pattern, the same trajectory of their former leader that used your same mechanism to eradicate poverty through the Millennium Development Goals. The same strategy which they used to manipulate and deceive the Boneiran peoples into destruction of the Netherlands Antilles on October, 10, 2010 (10-10-10), to get money to eradicate poverty that resulted into annexation of our island by the Dutch. Now this same elite-control-group are using your Sustainable Development Goals 2030 to finalize the systematic displacement and eradication of the Bonerians peoples through immigrating settlers-colonization by 2030.
We herewith request your prompt attention and urgent action of your office to investigate, to look into this matter to prevent another human tragedy, an institutionalized ethnic cleansing, that might realize with your blessings and financing.
James Finies, President of Foundation We Want Bonaire Back