By José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico
There are none!
The United States (US) government (USG) militarily invaded Puerto Rico in 1898 to supposedly bring her democracy and human rights. However, after 123 years of history, the opposite is what has occurred!
- 57% of children in Puerto Rico live in poverty.
- More Boricua live away (6 million) than in our national territory (3 million).
- High US military recruitment rate in Puerto Rico due to a lack of opportunity for Puerto Ricans.
- Puerto Ricans consume 90% of imported food, when we could produce 100% of it ourselves.
- Most Puerto Ricans believe that Puerto Rico is a democracy, instead of a US colony.
- Most Puerto Ricans don’t know that the USG considers Puerto Ricans as belonging to an inferior race. That is why statehood for Puerto Rico is impossible, as long as Puerto Ricans are a majority in our homeland.
Puerto Ricans must learn our real history, because only the truth can set us free. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otzBslJLbI0
The truth will help us organize ourselves to engage in permanent resistance to force the USG to comply with the United Nations’ (UN) Charter that prohibits colonialism since 1945. The UN is in its 4th International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism (2021 – 2030). https://todosunidosdescolonizarpr.blogspot.com/
The benefits has been all USA. We need to turn that around!